MOLD & DIE
Z-Carb MD | Series ZD1
The patented unequal high helix of the Z-Carb MD reduces damaging harmonics by changing the angle at which each cutting edge enters and exits the material. Combined with unequal flute spacing and a heavy core, this end mill effortlessly machines hardened steels with incredible tool life.
- The original Z-Carb design with a negative rake, heavy core, and higher helix for strength and shearing of hard mold & die materials.
- Enhanced corner geometry with tight tolerance corner radii.
- Unequal flute spacing helps to disrupt the rhythmic pattern created by the cutting edge helping to suppress damaging harmonics.
- The structural design of Ti-Namite-X is adapted to meet a diverse range of applications; everything from high- and low-alloy steels to hardened materials (up to 65 HRC core hardness). Ti-Namite-X is suitable for operations that require high cutting speeds, high temperatures at the cutting edge, and high metal removal rates.
- Cutting Diameter 1/8"-3/4" | 3,0 mm - 20,0 mm
- Length of Cut 5/32"-15/16" | 4,0 mm - 24,0 mm
- Overall Length 2 1/2"-5 1/2" | 57,0 mm - 104,0 mm
- Shank Diameter 1/4"-3/4" | 6,0 mm - 20,0 mm
- Reach 1/2"-3 1/4" | 15,0 mm - 55,0 mm
- Corner Radius .010 - .060 | 0,20 mm - 2,0 mm
- Coating(s) Ti-NAMITE-X
Primary Material Applications
- Cast Iron ≥ 45 HRc
- Hardened Steels < 45 HRc
- Hardened Steels > 55 HRc
Mold & Die
Casting & Foundries
Secondary Material Applications
- Steel ≤ 45 HRc
- Cast Iron ≤ 45HRc