Z-Carb HPR | Series Z5
The Z-Carb HPR Five Flute Roughing End Mills are ideal for achieving high metal removal rates (MRR) and a finish of 80 RMS or better on most materials. The specialized five flute design is engineered for increased productivity over three and four flute end mills. The variable indexing geometry allows for improved chatter suppression over symmetrical designs.
- Specially designed radial rake balances positive cutting action and edge strength.
- End grind features include a positive axial rake for high-performance shearing and lifting of material and increased clearances to eliminate edge build-up during ramping.
- The central hole delivers coolant effectively to the cutting zone.
- Enhances chip removal when pocketing or slotting.
- Select fractional and metric diameters in stock.
- Specialized five-flute design is engineered for strength, chip evacuation, and increased productivity over three and four-flute end mills by 20–40%.
- The variable flute pattern provides excellent chatter suppression over a range of spindle speeds.
- The open-center design delivers efficiency during entry movements into the workpiece.
- Helix angle engineered for balance between positive cutting action and reduced contact area to control tool pressure and spindle load.
- Exclusive Ti-NAMITE®-M coating for higher heat resistance to enhance tool life in difficult-to-machine materials like Titanium.
- Available with Ti-NAMITE®-A coating for superior wear, edge build-up resistance and extended tool life in difficult-to-machine materials like Stainless Steel.
- Cutting Diameter: 1/8" - 1" | 6,0mm - 25,0mm
- Length of Cut: 1/4" - 2" | 9 mm - 53,0 mm
- Overall Length: 1 1/2" - 4 1/2" | 54,0 mm - 121,0 mm
- Shank Diameter: 1/8" - 1" | 6,0mm - 25,0mm
- Corner Radius: 0.010" - 0.250" | 0,3mm - 5,0mm
- Coating(s): Ti-NAMITE®-M, Ti-NAMITE®-A
- Special Options: Internal Coolant, Weldon Flat, Chip Breaker
Primary Material Applications
- Steel ≤ 45 HRc
- Stainless Steel ≤ 45HRc
- Cast Iron ≤ 45HRc
- High Temp Alloys
- Titanium Alloys ≤ 45 HRc
Mold & Die
Casting & Foundries
Secondary Material Applications
- Cast Iron ≥ 45 HRc
- Hardened Steels < 45 HRc