CFRP 8 FACET | Series 120
The 8 Facet Double Angle Series 120 Drill implements a Double Angle Point minimizing workpiece delamination during drill entry and exit while efficiently redistributing loads across multiple cutting edges for heightened performance. Additionally, the Notched Point feature effectively reduces cutting forces at the drill center, further enhancing performance and extending the tool's operational life.
DOUBLE MARGIN CONSTRUCTION
- Improves drill stability for better hole finish and size control
- Allows coolant to reach the point for improved hole quality and extended tool life
DOUBLE ANGLE POINT
- Minimizes workpiece delamination on drill entry and exit
- Redistributes loads along multiple cutting edges for improved performance
- Reduces cutting forces at the drill center for enhanced performance and tool life
Hardest coating available with the best abrasion resistance. It is carbon based so it is limited in application capabilities. This coating is suitable for machining highly abrasive, non-ferrous materials such as CFRP and graphite.
- Cutting Diameter: #40 - 1/2" | 2,48 mm - 12,70 mm
- Length of Cut: 2"- 4 1/4"
- Overall Length: 2" - 4 1/4"
- Flute Length: 9/16"- 2 5/16"
- Shank Diameter: 1/8" - 1/2"
- Coating: Di-NAMITE®
Primary Material Applications
- Plastics / Composites
Casting & Foundries
Mold & Die
Secondary Material Applications
- Cast Iron ≥ 45 HRc
- Hardened Steels < 45 HRc