The S-Carb® Advanced Productivity Rougher (APR-3) was engineered for high power, high efficiency machining of aluminum aerospace structural parts. Material removal rates (MRR) of 600 cubic inches is achievable with remarkable tool life and product finish. The APR-3's MRR capabilities are nearly six times that of its nearest competition based on lab testing. It is easy to see why KYOCERA SGS Precision Tools is known around the world as an authority in aluminum machining with the power and capability of the APR and its sibling tool, APF.
- New 3-flute variable geometry with open fluting for deep slotting and profiling.
- Side exit coolant holes deliver coolant effectively to the cutting zone.
- Select fractional and metric diameters in stock.
- Designed for machine tools with a capability of 12 L³ per minute material removal rates.
- Ultra high-productivity rougher for Aluminum alloys, specifically for aircraft components.
- 1XD full slotting capability up to 5XD reach.
- Variable pitch geometry allows for 600 cubic inches per minute MRR capability.
- This ceramic-based coating ensures a smooth surface and a low affinity to cold welding or edge build-up, which makes it optimal for aluminum and copper applications. It has high toughness and high hardness.
- Cutting Diameter: 1/2" - 1"| 12,0 mm - 25,0 mm
- Length of Cut: 1" - 1 3/4" | 26,0 mm - 35,0 mm
- Overall Length: 3 1/4" - 6 1/4" | 83,0 mm - 176,0 mm
- Shank Diameter: 1/2" - 1" | 12,0 mm - 25,0 mm
- Reach: 1 1/2" - 4 1/4" | 38,0 mm - 105,0 mm
- Corner Radius: .030 - .120 | 1,0 mm - 5,0 mm
- Coating(s): Ti-NAMITE-B
- Special Features: Side Exit Coolant Holes, Jet Stream Technology
Primary Material Applications
Secondary Material Applications
- Cast Iron ≥ 45 HRc
- Hardened Steels < 45 HRc