Hi-PERCARB® 146U / 136U Flat Bottom Drill
The SGS Hi-PerCarb® Series 146U and 136U flat bottom drills provide a robust solution to a variety of challenging holemaking applications in the automotive, agriculture, oil and gas, and general machining industries. Whether drilling conventionally, on angled or curved surfaces, cross or intersecting holes, unique features of the SGS design combine to produce precise, high-quality holes, with minimal breakout bur.
Features & Benefits
Eccentric 4-Margin Design
- A unique coolant channel design allows repositioning of the trailing margins for improved stability over conventional two and four margin drills.
- Eccentric style clearance reduces margin contact with the workpiece without reducing strength.
- The primary only relief allows the trailing margins to help stabilize the drill up to three times sooner than conventional designs.
- High shear corner geometry minimizes exit bur.
- Computer controlled edge hone protects against edge chipping in difficult applications.
- The two-channel design provides additional coolant in the hole when thru-tool coolant is not available.
- Proprietary SGS Ti-Namite-X coating and post-coat polishing combine to minimize material adhesion and maximize wear resistance in a wide range of workpiece materials.
- All Series 136U and 146U drills are manufactured from lab certified premium quality carbide.
|Cutting Diameter||1/8"-13/16" | 3,0-20,00|
- STEEL ≤ 45 HRc
- STAINLESS STEEL ≤ 45HRc
- CAST IRON ≤ 45HRc
- CAST IRON ≥ 45 HRc
- HIGH TEMP ALLOYS
- TITANIUM ALLOYS ≤ 45 HRc
- NON FERROUS
- PLASTICS / COMPOSITES
- HARDENED STEELS < 45 HRc
- HARDENED STEELS > 55 HRc
Secondary Material Applications
- Power Generation
- Mold & Die
- Casting & Foundries
- General Engineering