Compression Routers | Series 25
A major challenge in machining with composite material is preventing separation of material layers during the machining process. By incorporating both a left and right-hand helix, the cutting pressure to the center of the work piece is compressed, eliminating the fraying of the material.
- 4-8 flute options available.
- The lower portion of the flute directs loads upwards and the upper portion of the flute directs loads downward, minimizing the forces which cause delamination and fraying.
- Compression-style helixes direct cutting forces inward, eliminating fiber breakout and delamination.
- Primary/secondary relief grind for reduced friction and pressure.
- Rigid, heavy core.
- Specialized five-flute design is engineered for strength, chip evacuation, and increased productivity over three and four flute end mills by 20–40%
- The variable flute pattern provides excellent chatter suppression over a range of spindle speeds
- The open center design delivers efficiency during entry movements into the work-piece
- Helix angle engineered for balance between positive cutting action and reduced contact area to control tool pressure and spindle load
- This is the hardest coating available with the best abrasion resistance. It is carbon based so it is limited in application capabilities. This coating is suitable for machining highly abrasive, non-ferrous materials such as CFRP and graphite.
- Cutting Diameter: 1/4"-1/2" | 6,0 mm - 12,0 mm
- Length of Cut: 1"-1 1/2" | 25,0 mm - 38,0 mm
- Overall Length: 2 1/2"-3 1/2" | 63,0 mm - 89,0 mm
- Shank Diameter: 1/4"-1/2" | 6,0 mm - 12,0 mm
- Intersect Length: 11/64"-23/64" | 4,10 mm - 8,60 mm
- Number of Flutes: 4-8
- Coating(s): Di-NAMITE, Uncoated
Primary Material Applications
- Plastics / Composites
Mold & Die
Casting & Foundries
Secondary Material Applications
- Cast Iron ≥ 45 HRc
- Hardened Steels < 45 HRc